Coronavirus - Housing
In order to protect everyone’s safety and deliver critical services, all council housing offices have been temporarily closed.
- Council tenants with emergency or urgent repairs can report them to the Centralised Repair Team during normal office hours by calling 01443 864886.
- Emergency repairs that occur outside office hours can be reported by calling 01443 875500.
- To make rent and other payments, whilst offices are closed, go to make a payment.
- Any tenants experiencing financial difficulties as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak can call our dedicated finance support line for advice on 01443 866534.
- Support for our older and most vulnerable tenants continues to be delivered through the Careline system. This system is manned by Social Services staff who are able to refer relevant calls to Housing Officers currently working remotely.
Housing related support
Just to let you know that, even during these difficult times, the Supporting People Team are still here to help residents with any housing related support needs.
- Setting up and maintaining a home
- Preventing evictions/rent arrears/bedroom tax/council tax arrears/TV licence fines
- Accessing education/volunteering/training/employment
- Claiming benefits/maximise income/benefit appeals/grant applications
- Budgeting/managing money/debt management
- Preventing homelessness